Alcohol is a progressive addiction that gets worse the longer it goes on. Eventually, if you do not seek treatment you will become alcohol dependent, otherwise known as “an alcoholic”. But it is never too late to seek help. Admitting that you have a problem is the first and hardest step.
Some signs that you may have a problem with alcohol abuse are:
- Black outs while drinking
- Inability to have just one drink
- Feeling ashamed of your drinking
- Lying to others about your drinking
- Your family members are worried about your drinking
- You need to drink in order to relax
Once you contact our office, we will set up a time to meet with you and discuss a plan of action. Our course of treatment will include cognitive behavior therapy, as well as other methods to help you to deal with the issues that caused you to abuse alcohol in the first place. We will teach you reframing and coping skills so that you can learn to both avoid and deal with situations that would have previously led you to turn to alcohol.