If you are depressed, you may feel that you are all alone with your problems, but you are not alone, we are here to help. At Polaris, we understand the feelings of hopelessness associated with depression. You may feel that your life can’t get any better, or that you do not deserve a better life. But it can get better, and you do deserve a better life! Let us help…
Symptoms of depression include (but are not limited to):
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of energy, lethargic
- Sadness and tearfulness
- Lack of interest in activities that used to be enjoyed
- Suicidal nature or suicide attempts
- Significant unexplained weight loss or gain
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping excessively
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Inappropriate guilt
- Reduced ability to function
- Diminished concentration
If you identify with some or all of the symptoms listed above, you may be suffering from depression.
Our trained counselors will guide you through treatment, using Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), journaling, and other techniques to help you identify the destructive thought patterns that make you feel sad and hopeless. From there, you will learn how to reframe your thoughts in a rational, realistic and positive way. This will help you cope with your day-to-day problems, without returning back to your depressed thought patterns.